Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mela....the most anticipated event

If you are in Phuntsholing, you would not want to miss the event that is taking place in the neighborhood. It is a good way to relax and have fun after a packed schedule the whole week.  About a few minute drive from Jaijoan,India Mela, as for what the Indians call is taking place. As per Google, encyclopedia, "Mela is a sanskrit word meaning gathering or to meet or a fair...  In recent times Mela also popularly refers to shows and exhibitions. It can be theme-based, promoting a paticular culture, art or skill. generally in Melas people can find eateries, entertainment activities, shops and games".

True to the meaning although it was not as huge as other places, it did have all the tings mentioned in the meaning. there were small stall selling varities of dishes, clothes, household items, girly stuffs, childen stuffs and many more. and the thing that I anticipated the most was shopping. Wow! Shopping seems to be fun but when you get home, you become amazed by the amount of money you have spent. You simply want to curse yourself but then by seeing at the things, you are amazed again and you simply admire them just like I admire mine.


Some glimpse from Mela


Ever shouted on top of your voice? Ever felt the free falling body of yours? Ever felt like you can touch the sky? If not then you would not want to come back without trying out one of those scary rides. There was a huge ride(called rotipin), the boat, the disco, the train and many other small rides for the children.

Well I got in two rides, the train and the boat and I did't dare to ride the rotipin because of the incident last year. I was actually shouting like I was going to fall and was in the verge of crying. So I decided not to ride again. actually the boat also gave me the same feeling. I thought my my heart was about to come out and the fall was actually like I was falling from a building(just an exaggeration, i guess). Again the rain at that instant did an awesome job, instead of cooling down my fright it happened to pour salt water onto my fright. I wished I shouldn't have ridden on it however  when I got out I wanted to have that excitement again but I didn't dare. however my friends say it is fun and they are always daring.  



My friends, having fun despite the rain


After riding, playing, eating and shopping we completely forgot that we have to get back home. It was already late so keeping our excitement aside and gathering up ourselves we headed home. We had so much fun despite the rain and we always have when ever we go and I would anticipate for it next year too.

P.S - I couldn't find the actual name of the rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment